Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Best Evidence on the Big Screen

Best Evidence makes its way to the big screen tonight at Halifax's historic Oxford Theatre, for a one night only double bill with Mike MacDonald's new documentary Famous Monster. The screening is sponsored by the Nova Scotia Film Development Corporation, which invested in both films, and without which none of us in this province could do what we do.

Now, I'm going to admit to a little secret here - no matter how many times I've seen my name, or a film's title, or one of my bands' names, up on a marquee, I still get a bit of a rush. It's fun, and in a way it makes it all seem worthwhile.

Tonight, some of the best in the the film biz in Halifax will be there to see a film about UFOs - actors, producers, directors, government types, as well as friends and family and anyone else who pops in (it's a free screening, so if you're in town, come on down). Kris McBride will be there, for what will be her first time on the big screen, but not her last I'm sure. Stan Friedman is in town as a special guest - he'll be answeing questions with Mike and I after the screening. My folks are coming. My fiance (who is one of the good folks at the NSFDC). And so on.

In short, tonight is going to be a good night.

Unless the projector breaks down... ;-)

I'll post pics and a synopsis in the days to come.

Paul Kimball

No comments: